CBS Philadelphia - Jason Kelce won the hearts of Philadelphia fans for thirteen seasons. Following the Eagles' 32-9 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kelce reportedly decided to hang up his cleats and retire from the NFL.
"He's been a city mainstay," Eagles supporter Aaron Kay remarked. Since I was an offensive lineman in the past, I respect him. We will miss him terribly."During the 2018 Super Bowl parade, Kelce made a passionate speech on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Arts while dressed as a Mummer, cementing his status as a local icon.
"He's a Philadelphian, even though he's not from Philly," a fan named Josh Snyder remarked.
"Kelce is absolutely ours—I mean, Philly embraces certain players," a fan commented. "Kelce has been this way ever since he's been here."
Sadie Leary remarked, "He's been with the team for almost as long as we've been watching it." It's like if I grew up watching him on television. The city is so very grateful to him. It hurts to see him go, and I will undoubtedly miss him, especially after such a terrible season."
RELATED: Although Jason Kelce is retiring, his greatest Eagles moments will always be in our memories.
Mummer folklore, starting his nonprofit organization, the (Be)Philly Foundation, which aims to better the lives of Philadelphia's youngsters, and collaborating with his colleagues to produce two Christmas CDs are just a few of his accomplishments.
Philadelphia will always remember Kelce as a symbol of the city's tenacity.
"Jason Kelce embodies everything about the city," declared Lateef Merritt. "Jason Kelce is the city." His hardness. His determination to persevere. He is Philadelphia, and it will be sad to see him depart since, in my opinion, he was this team's pillar and backbone."
"I would clean house": Nick Sirianni is wanted to leave the Eagles by several fans.
For Eagles supporters who spoke with CBS News Philadelphia on Tuesday, disappointment is an understatement.
"After starting 10-1, to end it like that, it's just brutal," Mitchell & Ness manager Josh Steinberg remarked.
Eagles supporters are now left with the bitter taste of defeat following a bright start to the season.
"It was a total disappointment the way we straight collapsed at the end," Merritt stated.
Now that the Eagles have dropped six of their previous seven games, questions about head coach Nick Sirianni are being asked.



0 Comments